Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip that’s every bit as flavorful, creamy, and fabulous as the kind we used to eat! This dairy free and gluten free vegan dip is made with only 8 ingredients and it’s a crowd pleaser! Serve it at your next party with our Cannellini Bean Dip, Lemon Ginger Dip, and our amazing guacamole!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Hi there! Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern and Midwestern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn’t know, we’re published cookbook authors. We’ve written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don’t even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
DAIRY FREE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP IS A GREAT GAME DAY APPETIZER!
If you know the Midwest, then you know that Buffalo Chicken Dip is required at all game day festivities.
It is the party appetizer to beat all appetizers.
The smoky, spicy, savory flavors are so welcoming with a cold beer, or whatever your beverage of choice may be, and the creamy and chewy texture is perfection.
When we were creating recipes for our cookbook, Great Vegan BBQ Without A Grill, we knew that this spicy vegan dip had to be in it.
It took us a few days of testing this recipe to get it just right, however, all of that work was worth it, because as a result, it’s become the most requested dip recipe by our omni family and friends.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BUFFALO DIP VEGAN?
Cashews and jackfruit are our besties when it comes to making dairy free and meat free recipes, therefore, we use them often.
When cashews are soaked in water or boiled, they become soft, consequently, when you blend them, they become creamy.
That thick and creamy texture is perfect for duplicating cream cheese, which is an important ingredient in this recipe.
Jackfruit is the other star of vegan buffalo dip.
Young green jackfruit is also neutral in flavor, furthermore, it shreds like chicken, so the texture is spot on.
The first time we served this to our omni friends they couldn’t believe that it wasn’t actually made with cheese and chicken.
As a result of the combination of ingredients, this whole food plant-based combo tastes like buffalo wings that are shredded in a cheesy dip.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE VEGAN BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP?
- You’ll need 1 cup of raw cashews that have been soaked in water overnight or boiled for 15 minutes.
- ½ of a lemon: This is what helps give the cashew cream cheese it’s acidic flavor.
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast: NOT brewer’s or active yeast! Nutritional yeast is a different product and it gives a nice cheesy flavor to the cashews.
- 14 oz of young green jackfruit: DO NOT use ripened or fresh jackfruit or it will taste sweet.
- ½ cup Buffalo Sauce: Make our recipe or buy a vegan brand.
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing: Make our recipe or buy a vegan brand.
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives: These add a nice peppery flavor and color to the dip.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BUFFALO DIP WITH JACKFRUIT?
This is such an easy homemade dip, y’all!
You have a few options for the vegan buffalo sauce and the vegan ranch dressing that you’ll need for this recipe.
Vegan Buffalo Sauce:
You can make our buffalo sauce ahead of time, and we always suggest having some on hand. Or you can buy some.
Vegan Ranch Dressing:
Again, you make our recipe (so good) or you can buy it ready made.
Once you have those two staples, follow these easy steps:
Drain and rinse the soaked (or boiled) cashews and put them in the blender with the lemon juice, water, paprika, salt (optional), and nutritional yeast and blend until smooth and creamy.
Rinse the jackfruit well and use your fingers to shred the fruit so it resembles pulled chicken.
In an oven safe dish (approximately 8-inch), Stir the jackfruit with the cashew cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dip until well combined.
Bake for 18 minutes, or until it’s lightly browned on top.
Sprinkle the chives on top.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH VEGETARIAN BUFFALO DIP?
Here is a list of our favorite dippables:
- Celery sticks – it cools the heat from the buffalo sauce.
- Carrot sticks – we love the sweetness of the carrot with the spicy dip.
- Bell pepper wedges – like the carrots, the bell pepper adds a subtle sweetness.
- Crackers – because, duh! 😉
- Toasted garlic bread rounds – trust us on this. So good!
MORE VEGAN PARTY FOODS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Make our healthy buffalo chicken dip and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
You only need 8 ingredients to make this dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, vegan dip! It's easy to make and the perfect appetizer for a party.
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight or boiled for 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water add more if you need to thin it a bit more
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast SEE NOTE
- 14 oz young green jackfruit packed in water not brine, SEE NOTE
- ½ cup vegan buffalo sauce link to our homemade sauce is in the instructions.
- 1/3 cup vegan ranch dressing link to our homemade dressing is in the instructions.
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
Drain and rinse the 1 cup of cashews and place them in a high-speed blender with the 2 tbsp lemon juice, ¼ cup (more if needewater, ¼ tsp paprika, ½ tsp sea salt, and 1/3 cup nutritional yeast.
Blend on a high setting until smooth and creamy. You shouldn’t see any solid pieces of the nuts.
Rinse the 14 oz of jackfruit and shred with your fingers until it looks like shredded chicken. Toss the hard pieces away.
Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Serve with chopped veggies, crostini, or tortilla chips.
- NUTRITIONAL DISCLAIMER
DO NOT substitute brewer’s yeast or active dry yeast for nutritional yeast. They are not the same things and they will ruin the recipe.
Use YOUNG GREEN JACKFRUIT packed in WATER. It will be too salty if packed in brine. Ripe jackfruit is too sweet and will ruin the recipe.