Easy homemade vegan buffalo sauce is made with 7 simple ingredients and takes barely any time to make. If you love spicy food like we do, then you're going to love this buttery hot sauce. You'll probably also like our Spicy Cauliflower Poppers, Peanut Chili Hummus, and our Spicy Roasted Chickpea Snacks.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Hi there! Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn't know, we're published cookbook authors. We've written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don't even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
DAIRY-FREE BUFFALO SAUCE IS THE BEST CONDIMENT FOR SPICY FOOD
We're just going to admit it, we love bar food. You know, food that's fried, food you can dip, and food that you can eat with your fingers.
Our love of vegan appetizers is exactly why we had to include this smoky, buttery buffalo sauce in our cookbook, Great Vegan BBQ Without A Grill.
We use it in so many of our favorite spicy vegan recipes, and we'll definitely be sharing some of those with you in the near future. But first, this spicy sauce.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BUFFALO SAUCE VEGAN?
To make a vegan and gluten-free buffalo sauce you need to use vegan butter instead of dairy and vegan Worcestershire sauce.
Once you have those two ingredient substitutes, you can make your own buffalo sauce.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE BUFFALO SAUCE?
You'll need the follow ingredients to make homemade buffalo sauce:
1/2 cup vegan butter. As mentioned above, we use Miyoko's or Earth Balance.
1/2 cup red hot sauce. We prefer Frank's, but you can use your favorite hot sauce.
2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce. We like Annie's or Wizard's, as we mentioned above.
2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
1/2 tsp ground white pepper. White pepper has a distinct flavor and we don't recommend switching it out for black pepper.
1/4 tsp liquid smoke. You can omit this is you don't want a smoky flavor in your sauce.
Sea salt. Again, feel free to omit this if you're watching your sodium intake.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BUFFALO SAUCE AT HOME
Melt the vegan butter
Whisk the melted butter with the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, white pepper, liquid smoke, and salt until it's fully combined.
It's so easy to make this sauce, and it literally takes less than 10 minutes.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A MILD BUFFALO SAUCE?
If you're looking for a buffalo spice that isn't spicy, you can customize this vegan buffalo sauce recipe to suite your tastes.
- Start by adding one tablespoon of hot sauce to the butter and whisk it up.
- Taste it, then add another tablespoon if you want it hotter.
- Continue adding by the tablespoon until you get the heat just right.
HOW DO YOU STORE HOMEMADE BUFFALO SAUCE?
Store it in a sterile jar or bottle with a lid in the refrigerator for up to a week.
WHAT CAN YOU MAKE WITH VEGAN BUFFALO SAUCE?
Oh the fun you can have with this spicy sauce!
- You can mix it with macaroni and cheese.
- Add some to our Spicy Cauliflower Poppers, or use it as a dipping sauce.
- Coming soon - Vegan Buffalo Chik'n Dip!!!
Make our spicy buffalo sauce and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Easy Homemade Vegan Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan butter melted, we use Miyoko's or Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce we prefer Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce we use Annie's or Wizard's
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke optional, see note
- 1/4 tsp sea salt optional, see note
- In a medium bowl or mason jar, combine the 1/2 cup melted vegan butter, 1/2 cup hot sauce, 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/4 tsp liquid smoke, and 1/4 tsp sea salt and whisk until completely combined.
- NUTRITION DISCLAIMER
- You may omit the liquid smoke if you don't like a smoky flavor to your buffalo sauce.
- Omit the salt if you're watching your sodium intake.