Spicy, Crunchy Roasted Chickpea Snacks! Ditch the chips and make a batch of this savory and salty chickpea recipe.
Team savory is stepping up to the plate during the sweetest time of the year. Have you had your fill of cookies, bars, and cakes? Do you need a break from high calorie and high fat treats? If you answered yes, or no, you must try our chili flavored roasted garbanzo beans. They’re a game changer in the world of snacking.
This high protein healthy snack was a result of opening four cans of chickpeas in one day, because I needed aquafaba. I was testing dessert recipes for an eBook that we’re giving away to the smart people who pre-order our first cookbook (look for the announcement coming soon)!
After numerous attempts, I nailed those recipes, and I had SO MANY chickpeas. Forty five minutes later, I was noshing on these ultra-crunchy chickpea snacks, and I had to share them with you.
You guys, I know you’re all super busy, and so am I. The manuscript for our second cookbook is due tomorrow, and Alex and I have been working long hours trying to get it done. It’s going to be awesome! We can’t wait to tell you more about it, but first, we need to get our first one (our baby, our love, our pride and joy) in your lovely hands. So be patient. In the meantime, let’s just stuff our faces with healthy roasted chickpeas and make another batch so we don’t cry when we get to the bottom of this bowl.
HOW TO MAKE SUPER CRUNCHY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
First – Drain (save that bean juice for baking) and rinse the chickpeas and put them in a bowl.
Second – Whisk the spices together in a small bowl, sprinkle over the chickpeas, and stir until the beans are covered in the spices.
Third – Roast the chickpeas for thirty to forty-five minutes, or until crunchy in the center.
Three easy steps and a whole lot of yum!
Roasted garbanzo beans are a low calorie, zero cholesterol, healthy snack that you can feel good about eating. Chickpeas are so healthy, check out how healthy by clicking here. Now that you know why you should eat these magical beans, go and make a batch of our spicy roasted chickpeas and come back and let us know how much you love them. We love to hear from you.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
SPICY, CRUNCHY, ROASTED CHICKPEA SNACKS
- 15 ounce garbanzo beans, drained (reserve the juice for baking) and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil optional
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper only if you like spicy food
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, whisk the spices until combined
- In a medium bowl, stir the spices and olive oil (this will make the beans crunchier, leave it out if you don’t eat oil) until the beans are completely covered in the spice blend. Spread the beans out on the baking sheet. They should be spread out, not piled up.
- Bake for 20 minutes then shake the pan to turn the chickpeas. Bake another 10 to 20 minutes, or until they’re crunchy in the center.