Our easy vegan hot spinach artichoke dip tastes just like the kind made with dairy, only this is dairy-free and gluten-free. It’s creamy, cheesy, hot, and delicious. Made with only 9 simple ingredients, and you can make it in only 30 minutes! It goes great with a good burger on game day.
Published Dec. 27, 2019 and updated Nov. 15, 2020.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Welcome to Veganosity, where we recreate your favorite comfort foods into a vegan version. We’re so happy you’re here, and we encourage you to scroll through our menu bar or type in any recipe that you’re looking for in our search bar.
If you don’t find the recipe you’re looking for, please email us and ask us to create it for you. We’re always up for a challenge.
What to Expect
This creamy and cheesy artichoke dip is the best appetizer for game day, holiday parties, or whenever you want a party food that's a total crowd pleaser.
Our non-vegan friends and family always ask us to make this when we get together, and people are blown away when they learn that it's vegan and cheese free.
Wether you're a new vegan or a seasoned vegan cook, we want you to be succesfull when you make our recipes, so we've covered some topics that will help you make the tastiest hot spinach dip, ever.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Vegan Cream Cheese - We made this without the cream cheese and it just didn't have the same tanginess, creaminess, and great flavor that cream cheese lends to the dish.
To make an authentic spinach dip, you really need this. We suggest using Miyoko's or Kite Hill brands.
Vegan Sour Cream - Again, you could skip this, but we don't recommend it. If you want your non-vegan friends to love this as much as what they're used to eating, you need this.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese - Violife block parmesan cheese smells and tastes just like dairy cheese, and it also cooks like it.
Vegan Mozzerella Shreds - So Delicious and Violife brands melt perfectly and taste amazing.
Artichoke Hearts - Buy frozen or jarred that's packed in water, not oil.
Frozen or Fresh Spinach - We prefer fresh, but if you can't find it, frozen will work. Just make sure that you thaw it and squeeze out the excess water before making the dip.
Garlic Powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper - Because, flavor, baby!
How to Make It
Thanks to all of the amazing vegan companies that are producing great vegan cream cheese, sour cream, and mozzarella and parmesan cheese, anything is possible.
When we went vegan six years ago, this wasn’t the case, but things have changed.
We can find vegan products in almost every single supermarket we shop at.
Whole Foods is almost everywhere these days, and Amazon ships fast. Cooking delicious vegan comfort food has never been easier.
To make this vegan veggie dip recipe, follow these simple steps:
Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C)
Drain the artichoke hearts and place in a food processor. Pulse 3 or four times until bite sized pieces appear
Squeeze the excess water out of the frozen spinach or finely chop fresh spinach.
Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, and spices in a large bowl, along with the spinach and artichokes, and stir until completely combined.
Evenly spread the dip into an 8-inch oven safe dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until it becomes golden brown in spots and bubbling hot.
Feel free to make this up to two days before serving.
Just store it covered in the refrigerator and warm it up (covered) in the oven.
Serve it with the following:
- Sliced veggies, such as celery, carrots, or bell peppers.
- Pita Chips
- Corn chip
- Toasted bread
How to Store Leftovers
Store the dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can freeze it in a freezer safe container for up to one month.
Heat covered in the oven until it's warmed through.
More Vegan Dips You'll Love
Make our easy vegan hot spinach and artichoke dip recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Easy Vegan Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- food processor
- 8 ounce Plain Vegan Cream Cheese We prefer Kite Hill or Miyoko's brands.
- 1/2 cup Vegan Sour Cream We like Tofutti brand.
- 1/3 cup grated vegan Parmesan We prefer Violife or Follow Your Heart brands.
- 1/3 cup vegan mozzarella shreds We like So Delicious brand.
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 14 ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh spinach chopped (if frozen, thaw and squeeze out excess water)
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (176˚C)
- Drain the artichoke hearts and place in a food processor. Pulse 3 or 4 times until bite sized pieces appear
- In a large bowl, stir the 8 oz of cream cheese,1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/3 cup of parmesan, 1/3 cup of mozzarella, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp garlic powder, and ½ tsp smoked paprika until completely combined. Fold the spinach and artichoke hearts into the cheese mixture until combined.
- Evenly spread the dip into an 8-inch baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is bubbly and has golden brown spots on top.