This EASY vegan hot spinach artichoke dip is made with 9 simple ingredients in just 30 minutes! It’s one of our favorite hot dips because it’s so creamy and cheesy. No one will ever guess that it’s dairy-free! Gluten-Free.
See recipe card for quantities.
Vegan Cream Cheese – There are many brands of vegan cream cheese to choose from. We prefer Kite Hill or Violife.
Vegan Parmesan Cheese – You can buy pre-grated vegan parm or buy a block and grate it. In our opinion, Violife’s block of vegan parm is by far the best.
Vegan Mozzarella Shreds – Our favorite brands for vegan mozzarella are So Delicious, Violife, or Miyoko’s.
Artichoke Hearts – You’ll want to buy artichoke hearts that are packed in water or buy frozen and thaw in the refrigerator.
Spinach – We prefer to use fresh spinach. You can use frozen, but you’ll need to thaw and squeeze out the excess water or the dip will be too wet.
- Chop the artichokes and spinach and put in a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir until the ingredients are completely combined.
3. Evenly spread the dip mixture into an 8-inch baking dish.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it’s golden on top and the cheese is melted.
Hint: Make sure that the oven is completely preheated before baking the dip to ensure that the cheese melts completely. Let the baked dip set after baking for several minutes before serving.
Vegan Sour Cream – If you can’t find this ingredient you can substitute with soy or nut based plain vegan yogurt. Do not use coconut yogurt as it will ruin the flavor.
Spicy – add chili pepper flakes or a small amount of cayenne pepper to add heat to the baked spinach artichoke dip.
Deluxe – Add 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley and 1 cup of breadcrumbs to give it a slightly crunchy texture.
How to Serve
Serve our hot baked vegan spinach artichoke dip with a sliced baguette, toasted pita chips, tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, or toast and slice our No Yeast Vegan Garlic Flatbread
It’s best when eaten warm but can also be eaten at room temperature or cold out of the refrigerator.
Yes. Baking is the only way to melt the cheese.
Yes. You can make it up to 3 days ahead of time and heat it before serving.
Store it covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
No. This doesn't freeze well.
Easy Vegan Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- food processor
- 8 ounce Plain Vegan Cream Cheese We prefer Kite Hill or Miyoko's brands.
- ½ cup Vegan Sour Cream We like Tofutti brand.
- ⅓ cup grated vegan Parmesan We prefer Violife or Follow Your Heart brands.
- ⅓ cup vegan mozzarella shreds We like So Delicious brand.
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 14 ounce can of quartered artichoke hearts
- ⅔ cup frozen or fresh spinach chopped (if frozen, thaw and squeeze out excess water)
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (176˚C)
- Drain the artichoke hearts and place in a food processor. Pulse 3 or 4 times until bite sized pieces appear
- In a large bowl, stir the 8 oz of cream cheese,½ cup of sour cream, ⅓ cup of parmesan, ⅓ cup of mozzarella, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon smoked paprika until completely combined. Fold the spinach and artichoke hearts into the cheese mixture until combined.
- Evenly spread the dip into an 8-inch baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is bubbly and has golden brown spots on top.