This cinnamon pecans recipe is EASY! You'll only need 5 simple ingredients and 12 minutes to make them. They're a great snack and are delicious in our Spring Spinach & Strawberry Salad.
Cinnamon glazed pecans are crunchy, sweet, and savory snack.
Bonus! This candied roasted pecans recipe is made with maple syrup instead of cinnamon sugar, so it's refined sugar-free, and you won't need to feel guilty about eating them.
Here's a visual cue of the ingredients you'll need with a few notes.
- Pecans - you'll want to use raw whole pecans for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup - use real maple syrup, do not use pancake syrup, which is essentially corn syrup.
- Salt - is an important ingredient in this recipe. It balances the sweetness and adds depth to the spices.
- Ginger - we love the heat that ginger gives to the nuts. If you don't like ginger you can omit it.
How to Make
Here are step by step instructions with visual cues to help you make our healthy cinnamon pecans.
- Add the pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and salt to a bowl and stir until the pecans are coated in the syrup and spices, then spread evenly on a baking sheet.
Pecans are healthy, although, when you add refined sugar to them, not so much. That's why we used maple syrup because it's refined sugar-free.
Our recipe is gluten-free.
You can store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Yes. Freeze them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
- 1 Baking pan
- 1 Oven
- 16 oz whole raw pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C)
- Stir the 16 ounces of pecans, ½ cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, and ¼ teaspoon salt together until the pecans are fully coated.
- Spread the pecans evenly onto a baking sheet (line with parchment paper to avoid sticking and a messy clean up) and roast for approximately 10 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Shake the pan once midway through roasting. Let cool.