This EASY vegan chocolate pudding can be made in a blender with only 7 simple ingredients in just 5 minutes! This thick and creamy vegan pudding recipe is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and soy-free. Top it with our Easy Coconut Milk Whipped Cream.
This dairy-free chocolate pudding is creamy, thick, chocolaty, and delicious.
It's also healthy and you don't have to cook it. Just put the ingredients in a blender and blend.
And if you love this vegan avocado chocolate pudding, you're going to love our Vegan Southern Banana Pudding recipe.
How to Make Avocado Chocolate Pudding in a Blender
This is the easiest dessert you’re ever going to make. Here are the step by step directions with visual cues.
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder, coconut milk, medjool dates, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt (optional) to the blender.
2. Blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides and blend a few times if needed.
- Spicy - chocolate with a kick of heat is so good. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to make it sweet and spicy.
- Espresso - add a little brewed espresso. Chocolate and coffee go so well together.
- Banana - add a ripe banana to make a chocolate banana pudding.
- Vegan Chocolate Cake - chocolate cake with pudding is so delicious! Use the pudding like you would frosting, or crumble the cake into the dish of pudding.
Any pudding that's made without dairy or eggs is vegan.
To make chocolate pudding we recommend using a high quality cocoa powder, which is vegan.
Yes, you can use almond milk, although, soy, oat milk, or coconut milk has a higher fat content so they are a better choice.
This pudding recipe is made with whole foods, so yes, this pudding is healthy.
The base of chocolate pudding is made with milk, in contrast, the base of mousse is made with beaten egg whites, so it's not as dense as pudding.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This is best when eaten within a few days of making it.
More Easy Vegan Chocolate Recipes
Raw Vegan Chocolate Espresso Pudding
- 1 Blender or Food Processor
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut milk canned full fat works best, add the thick solid part, not the watery milk.
- 2 to 4 medjool dates pitted and soaked in water until they’re soft
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup add more if you like it sweeter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt optional
- Vegan whipped topping
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate shavings
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop the avocado flesh into a high-powered blender or a food processor. Add the ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup coconut milk, the soaked medjool dates, 3 tablespoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and ⅛ teaspoon salt and process until there are no visible pieces of avocado or dates. It should be whipped to a thick and creamy texture.
- Top with your favorite topping if desired.