This easy coconut milk whipped cream recipe can be made in less than 10 minutes. It's thick and fluffy, just like regular whipped cream, and it tastes amazing!
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Hi there! Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn't know, we're published cookbook authors. We've written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don't even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
Click on the titles to check them out. GREAT VEGAN BBQ WITHOUT A GRILL and THE ULTIMATE VEGAN COOKBOOK.
THE BEST COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE EVER!
It's a bold statement, and it's true. This coconut whip is so thick and creamy, and SO DANG DELICIOUS!
You're going to love how easy it is to make, and you and every one who tries it won't be able to stop eating it.
It whips up super thick and creamy, just like whipped cream is supposed to be, and it stays that way. Well, unless you put it on something warm, then it will melt, like any cream would.
We stored this in the refrigerator overnight and it was just as thick and perfect the next day as it was when we made it.
DOES COCONUT MILK WHIP LIKE DAIRY CREAM?
Absolutely!!! It totally does. As long as you whip it at a high speed in a cold mixing bowl, it's going to whip up into a soft and fluffy cloud of whipping cream.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE DAIRY-FREE WHIPPED CREAM?
It's so easy. Here's what you're going to need to get started:
- Cold full fat coconut milk
- A stand or hand held mixer
- Finely ground sugar or Confectioner's sugar. The finer the sugar is ground the better.
- Pure vanilla extract
HOW DO YOU MAKE WHIPPED CREAM WITH COCONUT MILK?
Scoop the solid coconut cream out of the can. Don't use the liquid.
Beat the coconut cream on a high setting for approximately five minutes, or until it begins to thicken.
Add the vanilla and the confectioner's sugar and beat on a high speed for another five minutes, or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
This is the mixer we use. Click the photo to learn more.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT COCONUT WHIP
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight. Tip the can upside down so the liquid is on the bottom and open it on the bottom. This makes it easier to scoop out the solid cream.
- Put the mixing bowl and paddle in the freezer for 15 minutes so the cream stays cold while you whip it.
- Use confectioner's sugar if you have it, or grind white sugar in a food processor or blender until it's super fine so it doesn't weigh the cream down.
- Whip at a high speed. This helps to make air pockets in the cream so that it whips up light and fluffy.
This is the coconut milk we use. Click the picture to learn more.
CAN WHIPPED CREAM WITH COCONUT MILK BE MADE THE DAY BEFORE?
Yes! We store it covered in the refrigerator and it lasts for up to three days. We haven't tried freezing it so we can't guarantee that it would be good once thawed.
HERE ARE SOME GREAT DESSERTS TO TOP WITH WHIPPED CREAM
Make this vegan whipped cream and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 16 ounce full-fat coconut milk chilled (see note)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Finely ground sugar to taste see note
- In a chilled (see note) mixing bowl, put the solid (do not use the liquid) coconut milk in the mixing bowl and beat with the whisk attachment on a high speed for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and begins to turn into whipped cream.
- Turn the mixer off and scrape the sides, then add the 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract and sugar to taste.
- Beat on a high speed until the cream is thick and fluffy.
- Chill the coconut milk overnight in the refrigerator with the can upside down. Open from the bottom and scoop out the solid cream.
- The finer the sugar the better. Use confectioner’s sugar or process granulated sugar in a food processor or a blender until it’s ultra-fine. This prevents the sugar from weighing down the cream.
- For best results, put the mixing bowl and the whisk in the freezer until they’re cold. This allows the cream to stay cold.
- The Nutrition Facts are an estimate only.