Vegan Apple Pie Pizza with Maple Candied Walnuts is a quick apple dessert that tastes like apple pie without all of the work. You can make our homemade pizza dough, or for a really quick apple dessert, buy a ready-made vegan pizza crust.
Originally published on February 4, 2015 and updated for a better reader experience.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Hi there! We’re Linda and Alex, the mother daughter duo and creators of Veganosity. Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn't know, we're published cookbook authors. We've written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don't even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
A FRUIT DESSERT PIZZA THAT YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY WILL LOVE
Looking for a healthy dessert pizza that the whole family will love. We’ve got you!
If you’re like us, you’ll do whatever you can to prevent produce from going to waste. It just feels wrong to throw food away.
The inspiration for this quick and easy apple dessert was a result of apples that were on the verge of withering away and a store-bought pizza crust that was about to expire.
My solution was this easy dessert pizza.
It’s hard not to love this, because it has so many delicious layers.
- Chewy pizza crust
- Vegan cream cheese
- Homemade apple sauce
- Maple candied walnuts
HOW TO MAKE A HEALTHY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA
You can make homemade pizza dough (pre-bake the crust before making the pizza) or use a vegan store-bought, like we did.
Cook the apples and spices until the apples are fork tender. You don’t want them mushy.
In a small bowl, stir the walnuts, maple syrup, and cinnamon together until the walnuts are coated.
Layer the apples over the cream cheese and then evenly layer the healthy candied walnuts over the apples.
Bake the pizza with apples for approximately five minutes, or until the walnuts are toasted and caramelized.
Slice and enjoy with a big scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
MORE VEGAN APPLE DESSERTS YOU’LL LOVE
Make vegan apple pizza and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
VEGAN APPLE PIE PIZZA WITH CANDIED WALNUTS
- 1 pre-made pizza crust or you can make our pizza crust recipe.
- 5 large apples peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- For the candied walnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon melted vegan butter we like Miyoko’s or Earth Balance brands.
- 8 ounce vegan cream cheese we like Miyoko’s or Kite Hill brands.
- Vegan vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (204C)
- Put the apple slices, ⅓ cup orange juice, 3 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon nutmeg in a large pot and stir to combine the ingredients. The apples should be coated with the sugar and spices.
- Bring the juice in the apples to a boil on medium-high heat and reduce to simmer. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the apples are fork tender. Stir occasionally while cooking.
- While the apples are cooking put the 1 cup walnuts in a medium bowl and coat with the 2 teaspoon maple syrup and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Brush the 3 tablespoon melted butter over the entire pizza crust then evenly spread the vegan cream cheese over the crust, leaving a one-inch border.
- Evenly layer the apples over the cream cheese, then evenly sprinkle the walnuts over the apples. Bake for approximately 7 minutes, or until the walnuts are toasted.
- Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.