This sweet potato noodle salad with sriracha lime peanut sauce is so easy to make and full of texture and flavor. The spiralized sweet potatoes are fun to make and their sweet flavor compliments the spicy sriracha sauce. To add a little smokiness and crunch, serve it with our tofu bacon. Gluten-free and dairy-free!
Published June 22, 2016 and updated May 20, 2020.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Spiralized Sweet Potatoes
Summer meals should be fast, easy, and delicious, just like this sweet and spicy sweet potato noodle salad with sriracha lime peanut sauce.
Busy people don’t have time to spend sweltering over a hot stove or grill when the temperatures are soaring. You want to get in and out of the kitchen so you can get on with summertime fun.
That’s why we created this sweet and savory spiralized veggie salad. You can make it in under thirty minutes and it only requires seven ingredients.
What are Sweet Potato Noodles?
Sweet potato noodles are simply sweet potatoes that are put through a spiralizer and turned into long strips.
You can eat them raw, or you can par boil them so they become softer.
For this recipe, we sautéed the noodles and chickpeas in a bit of coconut oil to soften them and give them extra flavor.
How To Make It
Spiralize the sweet potatoes with your spiralizer. You can use whatever attachment you like. We used the basic attachment for this recipe.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
When the oil is hot, add the sweet potato noodles and the chickpeas. Stir to coat in the oil and cook until the potato softens to the consistency of noodles, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. They should be soft and malleable, not mushy.
Remove from the pan and put in a large bowl and refrigerate while you make the sauce.
Now it's time to make the sauce.
Whisk the peanut butter (we suggest using natural creamy peanut butter), sriracha, lime juice, and water until the ingredients are smooth and thin enough to pour over the sweet potato and chickpeas.
If you prefer a thin sauce add more water, but taste to make sure it isn’t too diluted. If it’s lacking flavor add more lime juice and/or sriracha.
NOTE: If you're sensitive to spicy food, add a half of a teaspoon to the sauce, taste, and adjust from there.
Toss the sweet potato noodles and chickpeas and the spicy peanut sauce until the noodles are coated.
Squeeze a bit of lime juice on top and sprinkle with some coarsely chopped basil and lime zest on top and enjoy!
How to Serve Spiralized Sweet Potato Salad
You can serve this salad warm or chilled.
If you want to serve it warm, make the peanut sauce first so it's ready to pour over the warm noodles.
To serve it chilled, follow the instructions in the recipe card.
This salad is great the next day because the sauce soaks into the noodles giving it so much flavor.
More Sweet Potato Recipes You'll Love
Make our sweet potato noodle salad with sriracha lime peanut sauce recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Veganosity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We make a small commission when you order from Amazon. It helps us afford the groceries to develop all of our recipes, and to pay for the maintenance of our site.
SWEET POTATO NOODLE SALAD WITH SRIRACHA LIME PEANUT SAUCE
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and spiralized
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed well
- 1 tbsp coconut oil see note
- salt and black pepper to taste
For the Sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter we recommend natural and creamy
- 1 tbsp sriracha see note
- Juice from one lime
- 3 to 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- lime juice
- lime zest
- Heat the 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add the spiralized sweet potato and chickpeas. Stir to coat in the oil and cook until the potato softens to the consistency of noodles. They should be soft and malleable, not mushy. Remove from the pan and put in a large bowl and refrigerate while you make the sauce.
For the Sauce
- Whisk the 3 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp sriracha (see note), lime juice, and 3 to 4 tbsp water until the ingredients are smooth and thin enough to pour over the sweet potato and chickpeas. If you prefer a thin sauce add more water but taste to make sure it isn’t too diluted. If it’s lacking flavor add more lime juice and/or sriracha.
- Toss the sauce and the sweet potato and chickpeas until the sauce is completely covering the salad. Toss in the fresh basil. Squeeze a bit of lime juice and grate lime zest on top for extra flavor.
PIN IT FOR LATER!