Spiralized Sweet Potato Salad Drenched in a Sriracha Lime Peanut Sauce
Summer meals should be fast, easy, and delicious, just like this sweet and spicy sweet potato noodle salad with sriracha lime peanut sauce. Busy people don’t have time to spend sweltering over a hot stove or grill when the temperatures are soaring. We want to get in and out of the kitchen so we can get on with summertime fun. That’s why I made this savory and sweet spiralized salad. You can make it in under thirty minutes and it only requires seven ingredients.
If you’re like me, you tend to eat less in the summer—although this summer is different for me, and it’s not easy—so you want your food to be nourishing as well as tasty. There’s no room for processed food in the summer months. Actually, there’s never a time for processed foods to be the highlight of your meals. Agree?
This beautiful, bright, nutritious, and flavorful sweet potato and chickpea salad is the perfect meal for a hot day. All you’ll need to do to make it is spiralize a sweet potato, open up a can of garbanzo beans, sauté them in a bit of coconut oil until the potato softens, and make the mouthwatering peanut sauce with sriracha and fresh lime juice. Toss the sauce, sweet potato noodles, chickpeas, and fresh basil together, and dinner is served.
Sweet Potato Notes: I used one large sweet potato and it made enough for two large servings. It’s amazing how far one potato will go when it’s spiralized. I used the Müeller spiralizer. Click the link to see it. You won’t need to sauté the sweet potato for more than ten minutes, you just want them to soften like noodles. Don’t cook them until they’re mushy.
Sriracha Lime Peanut Sauce Notes: I love spicy food so I added a tablespoon of sriracha to the sauce. If you’re sensitive to spicy food then start with a teaspoon and add more if needed. Also, I like a thick sauce, if you prefer a thinner sauce add more water, just remember that the water dilutes the flavor so you may want to add a bit more lime juice and/or sriracha for flavor.
Serving Suggestions: You can serve this salad warm or cold. I cooked the sweet potato and chickpeas first then put them in the refrigerator to cool while I made the sauce. The temperature was perfect for tossing the salad and sauce together. It was great cold the next day!
Sweet Potato – 1 Cup = Total Fat 0.1 g, 0% Saturated fat, 0 g, 0%, Polyunsaturated fat 0 g, Monounsaturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 73 mg, 3%, Potassium 448 mg, 12%, Total Carbohydrate 27 g, 9%, Dietary fiber 4 g 16%, Sugar 6 g, Protein 2.1 g, 4%, Vitamin A 377%, Vitamin C 5%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin B-6 15%, Vitamin B-12 0%, Magnesium 8%
Chickpeas – 1 Cup = Total Fat 12 g 18%, Saturated fat 1.3 g 6%, Polyunsaturated fat 5 g, Monounsaturated fat 2.7 g, Cholesterol 0 mg 0%, Sodium 48 mg 2%, Potassium 1750 mg 50%, Total Carbohydrate 121 g 40%, Dietary fiber 35 g 140%, Sugar 21 g, Protein 39 g 78%, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 13%, Calcium 21%, Iron 69%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin B-6 55%, Vitamin B-12 0%, Magnesium 57%
Peanut Butter – 3 Tablespoons – Total Fat 24 g, 36%, Saturated fat 5 g, 25%, Polyunsaturated fat 6.6 g, Monounsaturated fat 12 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, 0%, Sodium 8 mg, 0%, Potassium 312 mg, 8%, Total Carbohydrate 9 g, 3%, Dietary fiber 2.8 g, 11%, Sugar 4.5 g, Protein 12 g, 24%, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin B-6 15%, Vitamin B-12 0%, Magnesium 18%
Like what you see? Do us a favor, we want to show the world that plant-based foods are delicious and exciting. So let’s connect and share all of this awesomeness with the world. Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can’t wait to see what we’re going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
Veganosity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We make a small commission when you order from Amazon. It helps us afford the groceries to develop all of our recipes, and to pay for the maintenance of our site. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Here’s another Healthy and Easy Recipe to Try