If you love pumpkin spice, you’re going to love our Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. It’s made with whole foods and warm spices, and it’s thick, creamy, and delicious!
Published October 24, 2014 and updated October 1, 2019.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Hi there! We’re Linda and Alex, the mother daughter duo and creators of Veganosity. Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn't know, we're published cookbook authors. We've written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don't even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
VEGAN PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE
It’s our favorite time of the year to eat. We’re obsessed with pumpkin, and apple, and warm and comforting foods.
Although our vegan pumpkin smoothie isn’t warm in temperature, it definitely has a warm and comfy flavor, thanks to the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
We use real pumpkin puree and almond milk, and a frozen banana to make it super thick and cold.
The spices and pumpkin do a great job of hiding the flavor of the banana, so don’t be afraid to try it if you don’t like bananas.
THE BEST DAIRY-FREE PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE
There is absolutely no need to make this smoothie with dairy milk, because almond or cashew milk is just as creamy and so much better.
Omitting dairy also removes cholesterol and saturated fat, as well as other unmentionables that comes in cow milk.
We’ve made this almond milk pumpkin smoothie with many kinds of plant-based milk options, and they all worked out perfectly.
Here are some of the plant milk options you can use:
- Almond milk
- Cashew milk
- Pea protein milk
- Oat milk
WHAT’S IN A PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE?
We only use whole foods in our pumpkin smoothie recipe.
- Pumpkin puree
- A frozen banana, this gives it a great creamy base and makes it nice and cold.
- Pumpkin spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Pure Maple Syrup, which make it a refined sugar-free smoothie.
- Plant-based milk
It’s a healthy and nutrient rich breakfast or snack.
We don’t add ice to our smoothies because the water dulls down the flavors of the pumpkin and the spices, and there’s no need to use ice because of the frozen banana.
This smoothie is thick like a shake, so if you’ve been looking for a vegetable shake recipe that tastes good, this is it.
FIBER – 1 cup of pumpkin puree provides 7.1 grams of fiber.
POTASSIUM – 1 cup gives you ten percent of the daily value of potassium.
IRON – pumpkin is high in iron.
BETA CAROTENE – pumpkin provides antioxidants that help prevent certain types of cancer.
To read more about the health benefits of pumpkin, click this link.
MORE VEGAN SMOOTHIE RECIPES
Make our pumpkin pie smoothie and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup almond milk or any plant-based milk
- ¼ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- 2 to 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup See Note
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon See Note
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- OPTIONAL TOPPING
- Vegan whipped cream
- Add the 1 cup almond milk, ¼ cup pumpkin puree, 1 sliced frozen banana, 2 to 3 tablespoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger, and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves to a blender and blend on the smoothie setting or the highest setting your blender has until it’s smooth, thick, and creamy.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Optional.
- Use pure maple syrup, not the fake stuff.
- Use one teaspoon of pumpkin spice blend if you have it. If you don’t like a strong spice flavor, add a ½ teaspoon and taste. Add more if desired.