These are not your typical baked potatoes, friends! They’re the perfect blend of our homemade vegan ranch dressing and baked potatoes with a crispy skin and tender filling, all in one tasty side dish.
ALL THINGS RANCH DRESSING
When I was growing up, I distinctly remember my father’s dislike for all foods involving mayo or mayo-like substances. This included ranch. Wanting to be like him, I decided that I didn’t like ranch either!
While all of my friends were dipping their pizza in it, eating it with French fries, and bringing little containers of it to school with chopped carrots, I was turning up my nose.
Flash forward fifteen years,
I’m in my twenties and have just (five years ago) gone vegan. I’ve always hated ranch, but one day I’m presented with a vegan ranch from one of my favorite vegan pizza places in Chicago. I took one bite and LOVED it!
The tangy taste of the ranch combined with the removal of animal secretions was right up my alley. I could now enjoy this tasty treat and even make my own! Check out Great Vegan BBQ without a Grill for my classic ranch recipe.
TWICE BAKED RANCH POTATOES
A couple of months ago we were talking about what we wanted to make for Thanksgiving, the idea of twice baked potatoes came up. They’re a delicious side with a more interesting take than mashed potatoes (at least that’s my opinion). We decided to roll with the idea and add a little twist: ranch. After all, who can say no to vegan ranch! Besides my dad…..
Just after one trial run it was obvious that this twice baked potato recipe with ranch dressing was a home run! I took the first bite and instantly tasted the incredible tanginess of the ranch accompanied by the soul-warming comfort of classic potatoes.
All in all this recipe is super flavorful and the recipe is incredibly easy to throw together.
HEALTHIER DAIRY FREE RANCH DRESSING
There are a couple health benefits of making these twice baked potatoes compared to others out there.
First, and probably the most obvious, is the fact that these twice baked potatoes are dairy-free.
Dairy products contribute to heart disease, are speculated to contribute to Alzheimer’s disease, increased risk of certain cancers, and they’re the top source of saturated fat in the typical American’s diet.
Read more about the health effects of dairy here. Aka: you want to hedge your bets with your health, ditch dairy.
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY FREE TWICE BAKED POTATOES
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
2. Cover the potatoes in a light coat of olive oil and prick with a fork several time. This will help the steam escape from the potatoes. Now, place them in the oven on a baking sheet.
3. Bake the potatoes for forty to forty-five minutes.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool for fifteen minutes.
5. Cut each of the potatoes in half and scoop out the center portions of the potatoes (as shown below).
6. Take the removed potato and mash with the vegan ranch, salt, and pepper.
7. Pile the filling back into the potato halves and roast for another fifteen minutes.
HOW TO SERVE TWICE BAKED RANCH POTATOES
We love to serve our twice baked potatoes alongside our Honnee BBQ ribs! It creates the most perfect Southern BBQ meal.
Another option for a more classic dinner is to serve the baked potatoes with our stuffed butternut squash! Together they’re an awesome combination for a delicious holiday dinner.
MAKE THE POTATOES AHEAD OF TIME
You can bake the potatoes and keep them wrapped up in the refrigerator for up to five days. When you’re ready to make them just follow the instructions for making the filling and the second round of baking.
FREEZE THEM FOR LATER
You can freeze the twice baked potatoes for up to 6 months. Just wrap them in aluminum foil and heat in a 350 degree oven until they’re warmed through the middle.
Make this recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can’t wait to see what we’re going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
These twice-baked potatoes are like any other. They’re the perfect blend of Midwesterners love for ranch and potatoes in one tasty side dish.
- 1 cup vegan ranch See Note
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Cover the potatoes in olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Poke three rows of holes in each potato and place in the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool for fifteen minutes.
- Cut each of the potatoes in half and scoop out the center portions of the potatoes (as shown above).
- Take the removed potato and mash with the vegan ranch, salt, and pepper.
- Pile the filling back into the potato halves and roast for another fifteen minutes.
There are plenty of vegan ranch dressings in grocery stores. We particularly like Follow Your Heart or JUST brands.
The Nutrition Facts are an estimate only.
The above links are affiliate links. Any Amazon purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.