Vegan chocolate chip cookie dough that can be made in one bowl with 6 simple ingredients in just 5 minutes!
Why This Recipe Works
This is the best vegan cookie dough recipe because you’ll only need six simple ingredients, one bowl, and five minutes to make it.
It’s also a healthier cookie dough recipe because you won’t have to worry about getting sick from the raw eggs and raw flour.
Since you’re here, we’re going to assume you love chocolate chip cookies as much as we do.
This is an easy and straightforward recipe that even a small child can make.
Follow these simple directions and you'll be eating cookie dough in five minutes.
- Cut the room temperature butter into cubes and place it in a large mixing bowl with the sugar.
2. Beat the vegan butter and sugar until it's creamy.
Feel free to use a wooden spoon to beat the mixture if you don't have a mixer.
3. Mix in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
Add water by the tablespoon to get it to the consistency you like.
4. Scoop out a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a bite size ball.
No. Flour can contain bacteria that can make you sick, so it must be heat treated if it's going to be eaten raw.
How to Heat Treat Flour to Make Edible Cookie Dough
Yes. If you heat treat the flour and don't use eggs you can eat as much as you like.
Yes. Make sure to heat treat it first.
No. It's missing leavening, so it won't bake well.
Refrigerate for up to five days and freeze individual serving sizes for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
How to Heat Treat Flour
Put 2 cups of flour in a shallow dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and check the temperature of the flour with a food thermometer.
The temperature should be 165°F (74°C).
Continue heating and stirring at 30 second increments until it reaches that temperature.
Spread the flour evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 200°F (93°C) for 2 minutes.
Check the temperature with the thermometer and bake for 1 minute increments until it reaches the desired temperature.
Always add extra flour as the flour at the edge of the pan can dry out. Use the fluffy flour from the center of the pan.
Ways to Serve Vegan No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- Roll the cookie dough into bite sized balls and cover in melted chocolate.
- Let them cool so the chocolate hardens.
- For an extra special treat, sprinkle crushed peppermint candy over the melted chocolate. They make great Christmas cookies to give as gifts.
Try our easy vegan chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and leave a 5 star review.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Stand Mixer
- 1 ½ cups flour Heat treat before adding to the butter mixture. See note below.
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter Butter should be room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips Enjoy Life is our preferred brand
- 1 to 4 tablespoons water
- melted vegan chocolate
- crushed peppermint candy
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 8 tablespoons of vegan butter, 1 cup of sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract until the butter is smooth and creamy.
- Add the 1 ½ cups of heat treated flour (see note below) and 1 ½ cups of vegan chocolate chips and beat until fully combined. Add water by the tablespoon until you get the consistency you desire.
- Eat with a spoon or roll into bite sized balls.
Chocolate Covered Bites
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a medium size microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir, and heat for 30 second increments and stir until fully melted. Place the cookie dough balls on a wire rack that's sitting on a baking sheet and spoon the melted chocolate over the tops to coat the balls. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top for added texture and flavor.