Vegan eggnog French toast with cranberry maple syrup is the perfect holiday morning breakfast recipe. It’s egg-free and dairy-free, and is so easy to make. It goes great with our maple pecan latte.
Published Dec. 10, 2014 and updated Dec. 17, 2019.
This post may contain amazon affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Hi there! We’re Linda and Alex, the mother daughter duo and creators of veganosity. Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
we love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn’t know, we’re published cookbook authors. We’ve written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan bbq (you don’t even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
EGG AND DAIRY-FREE FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
Who would have thought that you can actually make delicious French toast without eggs or dairy?
Well, we’re here to tell you that it’s a thing. A truly delicious and easy thing!
Our nog French toast recipe is made with dairy-free eggnog, almond milk, pure vanilla extract, and warm cinnamon.
We cut the bread into thick slices and dipped it into the nog mixture, then pan fried it until it was golden brown.
The edges got nice and crispy and the center was tender and gooey.
It’s like a cross between french toast and bread pudding.
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY-FREE EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST
Slice a loaf of white bread into thick pieces. 1-inch thick pieces are perfect.
In a wide shallow bowl, whisk the vegan nog, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until completely combined.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
When the oil is hot, roll the oil around in the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
Dip both sides of a slice of bread into the nog mixture and place in the hot pan.
Let it cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until the toast is golden brown.
Flip the toast and brown the other side.
Depending on the size of your pan, you can cook 2 to 4 pieces of French toast.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS EGGLESS FRENCH TOAST RECIPE FOR A CROWD?
We suggest using a griddle pan so you can cook several pieces of French toast at a time.
Put your oven on warm and place a baking sheet in the oven.
Place the French toast in the oven when they’re done to keep them warm while you cook the remaining pieces.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CRANBERRY MAPLE SYRUP?
This warm maple syrup with cranberries is such an easy recipe.
- All you’ll need to do is put the maple syrup (we recommend 3 tbsp per serving) in a small saucepan with approximately 6 cranberries per ¼ cup of maple syrup.
- Bring the syrup to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the cranberries burst.
- Drizzle it over the French toast and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
MORE VEGAN BREAKFAST IDEAS YOU'LL LOVE
Make our best vegan eggnog French toast recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on instagram.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a veganosity subscriber.
VEGAN EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST WITH CRACKED CRANBERRY MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 loaf of white bread sliced thick
- 2 cups vegan eggnog we use So Delicious
- 3/4 cups almond milk You can use cashew, oat, or pea milk.
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Maple Syrup – See the instructions for the amount
- Cranberries - See the instructions for the amount
- Powdered sugar
- Whisk the 2 cups vegan nog, 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract, and 1 tsp ground cinnamon in a large shallow bowl until well blended.
- Lightly coat a large griddle or skillet with 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat on medium high heat.
- Dip one piece of bread into the egg mixture until coated, then flip and coat the other side. Put in the hot pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- If you’re cooking for a large group transfer to a warm oven until ready to serve.
FOR THE MAPLE SYRUP WITH CRANBERRIES
- Warm the syrup (approximately 3 tbsp per serving) in a pan on medium heat. Add 6 cranberries per 1/4 cup and heat them until they crack open. Serve warm over the French toast. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for a festive look.