Soup is always a good choice when you're craving something healthy and light, and fast and easy. Our spicy cauliflower and Brussels sprout soup is full of flavor, has a kick of spice, and is perfect on a cold spring day, or anytime of year.
Winter isn’t loosening its grip over much of the country. Our poor East Coast friends continue to get slammed with snow, and the Midwest and Great Lakes regions is looking forward (NOT) to snow today and again early next week.
As summer loving girls, this is too much. We're so ready to bring on the raw salads and zoodle recipes, yet we can’t deny that it’s cold, we’re cold, and hot food is the only thing that’s going to satisfy us at the moment.
This is where our Spicy Green Soup comes in. If you’ve been making our recipes for a while, then you know that we love to spice things up. Life’s too short to be bland.
So, winter, we’re not giving you the advantage of ugly crying faces while we pine for the warm and sunny days of spring. Forget about that. We’re just going to go with the flow and make soul warming soup that has a kick. Because while you’re being a bore and overstaying your welcome, we’re just going to enjoy a few more weeks of delicious veggie soup.
WHY GREEN SPICY SOUP IS GOOD FOR YOU
Our spicy and creamy vegetable soup doesn’t just taste good, it’s really good for you. It’s packed full of antioxidants and nutrients that will protect your immune system against all of the viruses that are also refusing to go away.
There’s an entire head of CAULIFLOWER in this soup. This means that you’re going to get a whole bunch of Vitamin C, K, B6, folate and pantothenic acid, plus fiber and so many more vitamins and minerals. This cruciferous vegetable may not be green in color, but it’s one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. Click here to learn more.
You’ll also find BRUSSELS SPROUTS, another healthy cruciferous. These little cabbages not only supply you with vitamins and minerals, they are also great for Detox Support, Antioxidant Support, Anti-Inflammatory Support, Cardiovascular and Digestive Support. Read more about that here.
We also add three garlic cloves, fresh ginger, peas, parsley, basil and lemon for a well-rounded collection of vitamins, nutrients and plant protein. This soup has it all.
Enjoy this soup with a salad and some warm whole grain bread for a complete meal.
Make this and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! Don’t forget to take a picture and tag us @veganosity on Instagram so we can see your gorgeous creation!
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
Spicy Green Soup
- 1 small Cauliflower cored and chopped
- 12 large Brussels sprouts end removed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 32 oz low sodium vegetable broth divided
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups thawed frozen peas
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Juice from ½ of a medium lemon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper See Note
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable broth on medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ginger and garlic and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the broth and water, stir well and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender. Add the parsley, basil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Blend with an immersion blender or use a stand-up blender, until smooth and creamy. There will be some specks of the parsley, which makes it even prettier to look at.