Our red cabbage and green lentil soup is an easy vegan soup recipe, and it's full of nutrients. Serve it with our Homemade Vegan Biscuits for a complete meal.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Hi there! We’re Linda and Alex, the mother daughter duo and creators of Veganosity. Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn’t know, we’re published cookbook authors. We’ve written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don’t even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
CABBAGE LENTIL SOUP
If you're looking for an delicious, easy and healthy soup recipe, and who isn't, you're going to love this vegetarian cabbage soup.
The flavor of the cabbage is subtle, there’s a hint of celery mixed with onion and garlic, and the tomato brightens the taste of this soft, delicious soup.
And, the lentils add protein and a nice texture to the mix.
It's a great winter soup that will keep you warm and help boost your immune system.
HOW DO YOU MAKE CABBAGE SOUP WITH LENTILS?
This one pot soup recipe is incredibly easy.
Dice the onion and the celery, mince the garlic, and chop the cabbage and tomatoes.
Heat the oil in the pot and add the onions and celery and cook until the onions become translucent.
Add the cabbage, tomatoes and garlic to the pan and cook for one minute.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
MORE VEGAN CABBAGE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
Make our red cabbage and green lentil soup recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Red Cabbage and Green Lentil Soup
- Soup pan
- 2 teaspoon olive oil Use 3 tablespoon of broth if you don't cook with oil.
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 red cabbage remove the outer leaves, wash, core, and coarsely chop
- 2 large tomatoes cored and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup lentils rinsed well
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot heat the 2 teaspoon of oil (or 3 tablespoon broth) on medium heat and then add the onion and celery. Cook until the onions begin to sweat and become translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add the cabbage, tomatoes and garlic and cook for one minute. Add the 8 cup of broth, 4 cups of water, 1 cup of wine, and 1 teaspoon dried sage, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, and salt and pepper to taste, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the 1 cup of lentils. Cook at a low boil for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.