Ho-ho-ho! Are you freaking out as much as I am that there are only two weeks and two days until Christmas! So much to do and so little time. To make your life a little easier I’m going to give you an early Christmas present. My gift to you is a gluten-free holiday cookie party & choco cranberry coconut macaroons.
Hmmm….. Has she gone holiday bonkers? Admit it, you just asked yourself that question. You’re wondering how I’m going to give you a cookie party, filled with delicious gluten-free vegan holiday cookies. EASY. Eleven of my favorite bloggers and I have created a virtual cookie party for you. Granted, you’re going to have to make the cookies yourself. Sorry not sorry. Baking Christmas cookies is fun!
Come on, you know you love to have an excuse to brew a pot of tea, or open a bottle of wine, and dust yourself with flour. Unless you're a food blogger, then your kitchen will be dusted with a lot more than flour after numerous attempts to perfect the best cookie ever.
Let’s get this party started with my gluten-free choco cranberry coconut macaroons!
Hello, sweet stuff. Why do you have to be so pretty and tasty?
These didn’t last long enough to reach the adorable Santa Claus cookie jar sitting on my kitchen counter. It’s hard to resist a coconut macaroon that’s filled with tangy fresh chopped cranberries, dark chocolate chips, and chewy coconut.
Just look at the crispy, slightly browned coconut. Delicious! These macaroons are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. They’re not too sweet, but just sweet enough. And the cranberries and chocolate pair perfectly with the coconut.
Just give me a dozen of these and a dozen gingerbread cookies and leave me be until January 1st.
Just kidding! I’m going to want to try every one of the delicious cookies that you’ll find at this gluten-free holiday cookie party. Will you join me?
Do you like what you've seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, take a trip over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did.
Veganosity is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We make a small commission when you order from Amazon. It helps us afford the groceries to develop all of our recipes, and to pay for the maintenance of our site. We thank you in advance for your consideration.
Gluten-Free Holiday Cookie Party & Choco Cranberry Coconut Macaroons
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons of white rice flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 cup of finely shredded desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely ground sea salt
- 1 cup of finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk I used regular, if you use light it might be too wet
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dark vegan chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the rice flour, coconut flour, sugar, and salt together until well blended. Add the desiccated coconut, cranberries, coconut milk, and vanilla and stir until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Drop by tablespoons on the cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown and are firm to the touch. Let cool on the pan for two minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in a freezer bag for up to a month.