Christmas Power Salad with Orange Salad Dressing
As much as we all love cookies and rich and heavy holiday foods, sometimes we just want a salad, a fresh and light and delicious salad. My Christmas power salad with orange salad dressing will satisfy your craving for something healthy, yet festive.
Just look at the colors in this gorgeous salad. I started with Earthbound Farm Organic deep green blends power mix. Baby spinach, kale, and red and green chard not only look festive, they are filled with antioxidants and vitamins that will help you feel like a super hero. Then I added some fresh chopped cranberry, sweet mandarin oranges, and unsweetened coconut. The dressing is made out of oranges, champagne vinegar, and dried oregano. To say that the flavors in this salad are amazing is an understatement.
HOW WE MAKE THIS AMAZING SALAD
I’ll be making this salad with orange, cranberries, and coconut a lot this winter because it’s packed with so many healthy fruits and veggies, and, it’s so good. The greens are a nice mix of peppery flavor, the fresh cranberries are tangy and bright, the mandarin oranges are sweet and juicy, the coconut is slightly crunchy and tropical, and the orange salad dressing is light and citrusy. Perfection.
All you need to do to make this easy and healthy salad is chop the greens into nice bite size pieces and then chop the cranberries (I pulsed them in my food processor). Next drain the juice from the mandarin oranges and add them to the mix. Whisk the dressing together, toss until well coated. Sprinkle the coconut on top. That’s it. Salad made. Time to eat.
Are you craving salads as much as I am?
Are you ready for Christmas?
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Do you like what you've seen so far? We sure hope so! Do us a favor, take a trip over to our Facebook page and give it a like, or follow us on Instagram or Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did.
Winter Citrus and Greens Salad
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large salad bowl
- 6 cups of power greens I used Earthbound Farms – coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries finely chopped
- 1 16 ounce can of mandarin oranges – drain the juice
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- For the dressing:
- Juice from two oranges – approximately ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons of champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Add the chopped greens, cranberries, mandarin oranges, and coconut to a large bowl and toss.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and pour on the salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with extra coconut if desired.