Our easy vegan breakfast sandwich has become a favorite in both of our households. It’s made with our homemade vegan breakfast sausage patties, JUST egg, vegan cheddar jack cheese, and hot sauce. You can also make it with scrambled tofu if you like, but for the most authentic breakfast sandwich, this is the way to go. It’s dairy-free, egg-free, meat-free, and can be made gluten-free.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Hi there! We’re Linda and Alex, the mother daughter duo and creators of Veganosity. Thanks for visiting us, we’re so happy you’re here. If you’re looking for Southern inspired vegan comfort food recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Take a tour through our site and you’ll find all of the recipes that scream, stretchy pants required!
The good news, they’re all plant-based recipes, so you don’t need to feel guilty eating them. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy. 🙂
Also, in case you didn’t know, we’re published cookbook authors. We’ve written two vegan cookbooks that will help you make amazing vegan BBQ (you don’t even need a grill) and everyday meals, from breakfast to dessert.
Click on the titles to check them out. GREAT VEGAN BBQ WITHOUT A GRILL and THE ULTIMATE VEGAN COOKBOOK.
AN EASY VEGAN BREAKFAST IDEA
It’s been a minute since we’ve had a sausage and egg sandwich.
When we gave up eating animal products, over six years ago, we had to give up eating a lot of our favorite foods, or so we thought.
As you probably know, the whole point of our site is to create vegan comfort food.
We believe that you should be rewarded for going vegan. As much as we love salads, life is too short to stop eating meatloaf, fried chicken, and breakfast sandwiches.
You deserve to eat good food that’s easy to make. This quick and easy breakfast sandwich is all that!
You can make a batch of our vegan breakfast sausage patties ahead of time and freeze them, so they’re always ready to go.
HOW TO MAKE A VEGAN EGG AND SAUSAGE SANDWICH
Make our sausage patties or buy ready-made vegan patties.
We recommend making a batch or two and keep them in your freezer. Reheat and build your sandwich.
Cook the vegan egg. We recommend JUST egg for best results.
Pour 6 tablespoons of JUST egg in a hot non-stick pan and use a spatula to push the edges of the egg toward the center so it forms the shape of a circle. Cook until it’s firm all of the way through. Approximately 4 minutes.
Place a slice of your favorite vegan cheese on top of the egg or sprinkle your favorite shredded vegan cheese evenly over the top. Cover the pan and let it melt. Approximately 1 minute.
Toast an English muffin while you cook the vegan egg.
Place the sausage patty on the bottom piece of the English muffin, then put the egg and cheese on the sausage, top with your favorite hot sauce.
NOTE: If you don’t want to use a vegan egg to make this, you can use tofu to substitute the egg.
WHAT TOPPINGS CAN YOU PUT ON A BREAKFAST SANDWICH?
Sliced tomato and greens
MORE SAVORY VEGAN BREAKFAST IDEAS YOU’LL LOVE
VEGAN VEGGIE AND HERB FRITTATA
QUINOA & KALE BREAKFAST BURRITOS
Make our vegan breakfast sandwich recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
Let’s connect on Instagram and Twitter. You’ll get a peek into our everyday lives in our stories and see what we’re sharing in our feed.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Easy Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 vegan breakfast sausage patty Link to recipe in the instructions.
- 6 tablespoon vegan egg we recommend JUST egg or Follow Your Heart (SEE NOTE)
- 1 slice of vegan cheese you can also use shredded vegan cheese
- 1 English muffin sliced in half and toasted
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Hot sauce
- Mashed avocado
- Sliced tomato and greens
- Hash browns
- Tofu bacon SEE NOTE
- Make our sausage patties (click here for recipe)or buy ready-made vegan patties.
- We recommend making a batch or two of our breakfast patties and keep them in your freezer. Reheat and build your sandwich.
- Pour 6 tablespoon of JUST egg in a hot (medium-high) non-stick pan and use a spatula to push the edges of the egg toward the center so it forms the shape of a circle. Cook until it’s firm all of the way through. Approximately 4 minutes.
- Place a slice of your favorite vegan cheese on top of the egg or sprinkle your favorite shredded vegan cheese evenly over the top. Cover the pan and let it melt. Approximately 1 minute.
- Toast an English muffin while you cook the vegan egg.
- Place the sausage patty on the bottom piece of the English muffin, then put the egg and cheese on the sausage, top with your favorite hot sauce.
Christine @ Run Plant Based says
Wow, these look seriously amazing! Must try them soon, thanks!
Linda Meyer says
Thank you, we hope you do. 🙂