Our simple vegetable herb broth is delicious and so good for you. You can make it in less than 30 minutes and it's our go to for when we're feeling under the weather.
BETTER THAN BONE BROTH
Let's just start with the BIG question, what is bone broth?
Cow or chicken bones steeped in water with vegetables and herbs. Animal BONES!!! Sorry, but the visual reminds me of a horror movie.
The reason bone broth is supposed to be good for you is because the bones release collagen and aminos. The science isn't there, and the truth is that the vegetables and herbs that the bones are cooked with offer many more nutrients and aminos.
Now, when you look at what vegetable broth is made of, you can see that the combination of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are definitely beneficial to good health and well being.
Our broth is made with a low sodium vegetable broth, garlic, turmeric, ginger, lemon, oregano, thyme, sage, cayenne pepper, and sea salt to taste.
WHAT IS IN OUR VEGETABLE HERB BROTH?
- Garlic - Garlic has anti-cancer properties, cardiovascular benefits, and supports the body's detox processes.
- Turmeric - Like garlic, turmeric has anti-cancer properties and helps support the body's detox processes, and it's also an anti-inflammatory and is thought to improve cognitive and kidney functions, as well as balance blood sugar.
- Ginger - Is well known for its gastrointestinal relief properties and anti-inflammatory benefits. It's also thought to reduce the chances of colorectal and ovarian cancers, as well as boost the immune system.
- Lemon - Lemons are known for being a great source of vitamin C, for working together with other foods to bring out their nutrient benefits, and for their antimicrobial properties.
- Oregano - Is an antibacterial food and has potent antioxidants.
- Thyme - Like Oregano, it's an antimicrobial and provides anti-oxidant protection of cellular membranes.
- Sage - Has strong antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory, it also helps with brain function.
As you can see, there are so many healthy benefits to each and every ingredient that we put into our cold busting broth, and when they all work together, you can best believe that you're sipping on something that's so good for you.
HOW TO MAKE DETOX VEGETABLE BROTH
It really doesn't get any easier than this, my friend.
- Add the ready made vegetable broth to a large soup pot. We prefer a low-sodium organic broth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
3. Strain the broth with a fine mesh strainer to remove all of the solid ingredients.
DOES VEGETABLE BROTH WITH GARLIC, TURMERIC, GINGER, LEMON AND HERBS TASTE GOOD?
We think so!
This broth is incredibly satisfying, especially when we're feeling a little under the weather. We just sip it out of large mugs and we can feel it doing its job.
If you're not a spicy food lover, feel free to leave the cayenne pepper out, but we love heat, therefore think it's a must.
HOW TO STORE VEGETABLE BROTH
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or you can freeze it for up to three months.
Make our immune boosting vegetable herb broth and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
Detox Immune Boosting Vegetable Herb Broth
- 64 ounce low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 1 lemon cut in four pieces
- 2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper see note
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring all of the ingredients to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth into a large bowl or container with a fine mesh strainer. This will separate the solid ingredients from the broth.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.