This savory, creamy, and crunchy wrap will leave you instantly thinking “should I be eating this?” “It can’t be good for me if it’s this AMAZING!” Lucky for you, you can indulge in this extremely healthy wrap while kicking butt during your summer shred!
While most of my lunches consist of beans, some rice, and sautéed veggies, sometimes you just need to shake things up! So, when I’m craving something a little different, but want to keep my health goals on track, I try to use similar ingredients in different ways. For example, instead of chopping up my greens into a salad, I use them in lieu of processed bread, wraps, or tortillas.
WHAT TO EAT IN PLACE OF PROCESSED BREAD
I try to make sure that I’m not eating anything that is made in a factory, which is why those processed bread products have been nixed from my diet. Enter swiss chard! This awesome green, which hold this wrap together, is a fantastic source of an array of vitamins (A, K, C), magnesium, and fiber!
To make this wrap filling, we’ve piled on a variety of veggies, our avocado tzatziki sauce , and some baked tofu! An added plus, since we use already seasoned tofu, your prep time is cut down significantly. This means: No Excuses! A healthy and mouthwatering lunch is literally seconds away.
Make this delicious vegetable tofu wrap with vegan tzatziki sauce and let us know what you think. Don't forget to take a picture and tag us @veganosity on Instagram so we can see your healthy and gorgeous creation.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
Easy Tofu Lettuce Wrap with Avocado Tzatziki
- 4 ounce tofu sliced into 3-inch long strips
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 large Swiss chard leaf
- ⅓ cucumber thinly sliced
- ¼ cup carrots shredded
- 1 Roma tomato thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon tzatziki sauce
- Press the tofu to remove the excess water for 30 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into strips and put in a shallow dish. Cover with the teriyaki sauce and marinate for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (176C)
- Put the tofu strips on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes on each side, or until they're nicely browned.
- Lay the Swiss chard leaf flat and fill with the vegetables, tofu, and tzatziki sauce and wrap them up with the leaf.