Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until fully combined.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, vanilla, and applesauce together until smooth and creamy.
Add one third of the flour to the butter mixture and beat until just blended. Repeat until all of the flour is combined with the butter mixture. Don’t overmix. Stir the chocolate chips into the dough.
Scoop out the dough with a tablespoon and form into a ball and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- You can swap vegan milk chocolate chips for the dark chocolate.
- Don't overwork the cookie dough or they'll turn out tough.
- If you want a crispy cookie, bake about 5 minutes longer.
- Store covered for up to 5 days.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving: 16g | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg