- 2 mangoes peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Thai Jasmine rice
- 16 ounce unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wedge of lime optional
Soak the rice in the water overnight or for at least 6 hours. Do not drain the water or rinse the rice. See note
In a medium sauce pan, stir the coconut milk into the water and rice until combined. Bring to a boil then add the mango. Bring to a boil once more and then cover and reduce the heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. If there is still liquid in the rice, cover and cook for another 5, or until the liquid is completely absorbed.
Remove from heat and let sit covered for ten minutes.
Serve hot or cold. It’s great both ways. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top for a little tanginess.
- The Nutrition Facts are an estimate only.
- For best results, soak the rice overnight or for at least 6 hours. If in a hurry, soak in warm water for 2 hours.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1.3mg