Make the pizza sauce
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
Drain, rinse, and shred the jackfruit.
Roll the dough into a thin (about ⅛-1/4 inch thick12-inch long x 6-inch wide rectangle.
Leave a 1-inch border on the edge of one side of the dough and make a line of vegan ricotta, leaving space between each dollop, along the length of the dough.
Top each dollop of ricotta with the pizza sauce and then sprinkle with the vegan mozzarella.
Fold the dough over the line of cheese and sauce and use the back of a knife to press the dough down between each dollop.
Cut the pizza rolls out and press and fold the edges. Place each pizza roll on a baking sheet and brush with a thin layer of olive oil (optional).
Bake for approximately 12 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
Dip in warm pizza sauce.
- Spicy - Add crushed red pepper to the sauce to add heat to the rolls.
- Deluxe - Customize the vegan pizza bites by adding finely chopped pineapple, vegan ham, and fresh basil, or add any combination of your favorite pizza ingredients.
- Kid Friendly - Fill the rolls with macaroni and cheese or just cheese and sauce for those who have a simpler palette.
- Deep Fried - If you want extra crispy pizza rolls, you can deep fry them.
- Gluten-Free - Use a gluten-free pizza dough to make these dairy-free pizza rolls GF.
- Storage and Freezing
Store these in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Crisp up in the oven.
Freeze in a freezer safe container for up to 2 months. Reheat in a 350°F (176°C) oven.
Serving: 60g | Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 578mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2mg