- 1 cup raw cashews soaked or boiled (see note)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp water see note
- 1 clove garlic see note
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt see note
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chives finely chopped
Drain and rinse the softened cashews and put them in a high-powered blender.
Add the 2 tbsp lemon juice1 tbsp vinegar, 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp water (see note), garlic clove (see note), and salt (see note), and blend on a high speed for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and the lid if necessary, and blend for another minute, or until the dressing is smooth and silky. You shouldn't be able to detect any solids from the cashews.
Pour into a bowl and stir in the 1/4 cup chopped parsley and 3 tbsp chopped chives and stir until well combined.
Taste and adjust add more garlic and/or salt if desired.
- The Nutrition Facts are an estimate only.
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or boil them in water for 15 minutes. They should be soft and puffy so they break down into a creamy texture.
- Add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing.
- If you're making a dip, add the water slowly until you get the desired thickness.
- Taste and adjust the salt and garlic to suite your taste. If you are watching your sodium intake, add the salt slowly and taste.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 6.3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1.6mg