Preheat the oven to 350°F (176C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
Whisk the liquid smoke and maple syrup until fully combined.
Toss the coconut in the liquid smoke mixture until the flakes are fully coated. They should be light brown in color.
Spread evenly on the baking sheet and salt and pepper to taste.
Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Keep a close eye on the bacon to avoid burning. Flip the bacon at 5 minutes.
- Do not use shredded or sweetened coconut for this recipe or it won't turn out.
- Use large flake unsweetened coconut. Shredded coconut is too fine in texture and sweetened will ruin the taste.
- Make sure that the coconut flakes are fully coated in the liquid smoke mixture. We use our hands to toss to make sure the top pieces of coconut are covered.
- Watch the coconut carefully while it's baking. Every oven is calibrated differently, so it may take less time to bake, and we don't want your bacon to burn.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Freeze in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Serving: 2tablespoon | Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg