Crispy, chewy, rich and delicious peanut butter, chocolate chips and rolled oats come together in one healthy bar. Perfect for breakfast or anytime you want an energizing snack.
Three of the most popular cookie recipes combined into one crunchy and delicious granola bar, that’s what you get when you make these vegan peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip granola bars.
These are for the times when you can’t make up your mind, or you have requests for all three types of cookies but you only have the time and/or energy to make one. That’s where the inspiration for these healthy bars came from. All the voices in my crazy head wanted all three cookies, and I just couldn’t make up my mind, so I made all three in one fabulous little package.
My peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip granola bars are a peanut butter cookie, and oatmeal walnut cookie, and a chocolate chip cookie all rolled pressed into one protein and high fiber packed treat that you can feel good about eating.
HOMEMADE OAT BARS ARE BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT
Check out the healthy in these yummy bars:
- One cup of oats provides you with – 64% fiber, 52% protein, 41% iron, and 69% magnesium.
- One half of a cup of peanut butter provides you with- 64% protein, 40% vitamin B-6, and 48% magnesium.
What more can you ask for in something that tastes like dessert, but is a nutritious power house?
Pack these in your kids’ lunch box, make them and after school snack, take them with you when you’re on the road, or eat one after a workout as a recover treat. The possibilities are endless.
If you’re allergic to peanut butter make them with sunflower seed butter or almond butter.
What’s your favorite cookie?
What would you like for us to make next?
Make this and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can’t wait to see what we’re going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
- 1 1/3 cups oat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed + 3 tablespoons of water mixed together well flax egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips we use Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease an individual bar pan or a 9x11 inch baking pan
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl and let thicken for ten minutes
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup, peanut butter, whole oats, flax egg, walnuts, and water together and blend until combined. Stir the chocolate chips evenly throughout the batter.
- Spoon into a bar pan or spread flat in a 9x11 inch baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week, or freeze for up to three months.
The Nutrition Facts are an estimate only.