We can’t help but love a savory breakfast, which is exactly why these truffle-Parmesan vegan breakfast potatoes have become a routine staple in the Veganosity households! They’re perfectly salty, umami, and will hold you over till lunch!
When winter rolls around and snow starts to cover the ground, I can’t help but think of hitting the slopes. As kids we made a trip out to Colorado every year to ski and eventually learn how to snowboard. Along with skiing came one other unique Colorado skiing tradition: truffle parmesan fries.
These golden potatoes, piled high with parmesan cheese and truffle oil were sure to warm you up in the middle of a brisk ski session. I thought when I went plant-based I said goodbye to this memory-inducing meal, but a couple weeks ago I decided I couldn’t live without that decadent flavor anymore.
So, I decided to recreate this dish and kill off some of the unhealthy attributes that typically go along with it. Instead of typical cholesterol and animal-fat filled cheese, we whipped up some healthy vegan parm made from cashews and nutritional yeast! Also, did you know that nutritional yeast is full of B-vitamins?
After kicking the cheese to the curb, we opted to roast these potatoes in a tiny bit of olive oil rather than deep frying. Not only does this obviously cut fat, but also calories, leaving you more room to eat additional potatoes!
HOW TO MAKE TRUFFLE-PARMESAN VEGAN BREAKFAST POTATOES
First- Make your vegan Parmesan by combining cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt in a food processor.
Second- Combine the potatoes, vegan parm, truffle oil, olive oil, and other seasonings in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
Third- Roast those babies in the oven!
You're going to love the crispy exterior and the tender center of these delicious oven roasted potatoes with truffle oil and vegan Parmesan. Make a big batch for breakfast and use the leftovers for tacos, like these.
Make these and take a picture, then tag us @veganosity on Instagram. We love hearing from you and seeing your gorgeous food.
Also, check out our newest video about our experience at Veggie Grill - Chicago!
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
Healthy Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 9 tbsp fresh chives minced
- ¾ tsp truffle oil
- ¾ tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ tsp Frontier Salt-Free Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F (218C)
- Dice your potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- In a medium size bowl, add the potatoes, onion powder, and oils. Mix the potatoes, oils, and onion powder together until well incorporated.
- Place the potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. After the ten minutes are up, toss the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the vegan parmesan and the chives.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and put into the bowl you are serving. Add 1 tbsp of the vegan parmesan and the chives.
- Make vegan parmesan by combining the garlic seasoning, cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until the texture resembles parmesan.