Lightened Up Green Vegetable Curry is a flavor bomb that’s as healthy as it is delicious! Made with healthy vegetables and spices that will satisfy you and make you feel great.
As promised, 2018 is all about eating well. What does that mean? It means really good food that’s good for you. We are all about big and bold flavors without excess fat, sugar, and gluten.
Our low fat green curry is a great way to start your healthy journey. First of all, it’s BIG on flavor. And let’s be real, if it doesn’t taste good, then who the heck cares about what’s in it! The beautiful thing about eating whole food plant-based is that real food has so much to offer in regards to taste.
It’s oil-free! We use water to saute the vegetables instead of oil. This reduces the fat and calories without compromising the taste. It’s also gluten-free, so feel free to make this for your GF friends and family members.
This homemade green curry sauce is made with some of the best and liveliest superfoods, and together they make a stunning sauce. When you blend cilantro, pea tendrils, chili pepper, fresh ginger and garlic, lime juice, lemongrass, curry, cumin, coriander, and turmeric together, you know you’re going to get something pretty awesome. It’s so bright and fresh, and it’s warm and savory at the same time. This is exactly what good curry sauce is supposed to taste like.
Add in the eggplant, red bell pepper, tofu, and coconut milk, well, now we’re talking.
Are you ready to stop talking about our Thai green curry sauce and start making some? Yeah, we thought so. Let’s do this!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GREEN CURRY SAUCE IN FIVE MINUTES!
First – Put all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and whirl until it’s a thick and beautiful green sauce.
Second – Saute the eggplant, bell pepper, and tofu until they begin to soften
Third – Add the green curry sauce and coconut milk to the vegetables and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 15 minutes.
That’s all you need to do to get a restaurant quality curry in the comfort of your kitchen. It’s easy, fast, and it tastes so good.
Make our green vegetable curry and put it on some rice, then let us know what you think. We love to hear from you!
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We’d be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can’t wait to see what we’re going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh pea tendrils optional
- 3 green onions ends removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Thai red chili or serrano chili seeds removed
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 1 medium eggplant diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 14 oz 397 g firm tofu, pressed
- 14 oz 398 ml low fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth thick pase.
- Heat the water in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the eggplant and bell pepper and cook for approximately ten minutes, or until they soften. Stir frequently. Add more water to avoid sticking if necessary. Add the tofu and stir to combine. Cook for five minute, stirring often. Add the green curry sauce, coconut milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Eat as is or make some rice to go with it.
If you like a stronger curry flavor, add more spices.
The Nutrition Facts are an estimate only.