These delicious and healthy vegan high protein muffins are so easy to make and filled with plant-based foods that are good for you! So grab your mixing bowl and get ready to make these Lemon Strawberry Protein Muffins.
We are so excited to review our friend Ginny McMeans beautiful new cookbook, The High Protein Vegan Cookbook, 125+ Hearty Plant-Based Recipes , and share her delicious vegan strawberry lemon muffin recipe with you!
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR PROTEIN? HOW ABOUT LEMON STRAWBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS?
If you've been vegan for a minute, you've most likely been asked, where do you get your protein? We certainly have!
It's a legitimate question, and one that we love to answer, because protein is such an obsession in the U.S.! But, did you know that the average American gets twice as much protein as they need according to the Mayo Clinic? So, it's not something that we're overly obsess with.
WHY YOU'LL WANT THIS COOKBOOK
If you're looking for high-protein vegan foods that are hearty, delicious, and easy to make, this will be your go to cookbook. It has everything from breakfast to dessert, and each recipe has a picture of the finished product, which makes it easy to imagine what you're making.
Ginny begins her book explaining what protein is, how much we need, and what the top sources of protein are in a plant-based diet,
After that informational chapter, she jumps right in with her wonderful recipes, starting with Power-Up Appetizers.
Here is a sampling of some of the vegan appetizers you'll find:
- Toasted Protein Mushroom Rolls
- Artichoke Quinoa Dip
- English Muffin Protein Triangles
- Maple-Glazed Mixed Nuts
WANT SOME VEGAN LEMON STRAWBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS FOR BREAKFAST?
Next, the breakfast chapter, where we chose these Strawberry Lemon muffins.
We could have made the Buckwheat Coconut Porridge, All-In-One Skillet Breakfast Hash, or the Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies, or the Blueberry Tofu Pancakes, but the muffins were calling our names.
Chapter three, Lunch Bowls, Chilies, and Sandwiches truly delivers. There are 8 bowl recipes, 2 chili recipes, and a plethora of rolls and sandwich recipes that are all mouthwatering.
Chapter four is a big chapter filled with portable snacks, such as energy balls, bars, and healthy cookies.
The Protein-Packed Dinner chapter is amazing! Here are a few of the recipes that we love.
Stacked Enchilada Casserole
Superpower Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Panang Seitan Curry
Speaking of seitan, Ginny dedicated the last chapter of the book to this amazingly high protein ingredient.
There's something for everyone in this vegan cookbook!
Now, on to the muffins.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON STRAWBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS
Preheat the oven , prepare the muffin tin, and mix the chia seeds and water together. This is your egg-replacer.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the vegan butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, then add the chia seed mixture, plant-based milk, and lemon, and beat until fully combined.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and then blend it with the butter mixture and the final tablespoon of chia seeds until just combined.
Fold in the chopped strawberries and spoon into the muffin tins. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
You're going to love these muffins and so will your family.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE THE STRAWBERRY LEMON PROTEIN MUFFINS WITH?
If you're trying to stick to a healthier breakfast, we have plenty of delicious sides and beverages to go along with your Lemon Strawberry Protein Muffins!
- Maple Pecan Starbucks Copy Cat Latte
- Orange Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Truffle Parmesan Breakfast Truffles
Make these high-protein vegan muffins and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
You can buy Ginny's book on Amazon! Check out our shopper's guide below to order it.
The above links are affiliate links. Any Amazon purchases made through these links help support Veganosity.com at no additional cost to you.
Lemon Strawberry Protein Muffins
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds or chia seeds divided
- 5 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raw shelled hempseed
- ½ cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease the inside of a six-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Mix 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds together with 3 tablespoons water and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the chia seed mixture and mix again. Add the milk and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, hempseed, and the remaining tablespoon ground chia seeds to a medium bowl. Mix. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat until just combined. It will be a sticky batter.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Fill at least three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.