Delicious, easy, and quick dairy-free lemon berry cashew cheesecake bites!
When will I learn that bite size doesn’t mean that I’ll eat less? Bite size means that I’ll eat more, because they’re so easy to grab and eat, unlike a large cheesecake, which requires slicing a piece, putting it on a plate, and eating it with a fork. For the sake of my dignity, I’m not going to tell you how many of these little lemony vegan cheesecake bites I ate in one day, let’s just say that I got plenty of protein.
Honestly, I didn’t really worry too much about the number of little lemon cashew cheesecake tarts I ate, because they were made with whole foods and unrefined sugar. There was nothing to feel guilty about. Besides, I just started marathon training, so I need the extra calories. #ThisIsWhyIRun
You’re going to LOVE this no-bake vegan lemon cheesecake recipe because it’s incredibly easy to make and it’s made with healthy, dairy-free and gluten-free ingredients. They have a lovely lemon flavor and they’re just sweet enough. The fresh blueberries and raspberries add a wonderful natural sweetness so I made the filling sugar light so the lemon would shine.
This is the perfect dessert for summer because they don’t require any oven time, just whip up the crust in a food processor and the filling in a blender, put them together and pop them in the fridge for a few hours, and then enjoy them chilled.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON CHEESECAKE WITH FRESH BERRIES
Soak the raw cashews in water overnight.
Make the crunchy and nutty crust in a food processor.
Make the creamy, lemony filling in a blender
Press the crust in the bottom of cupcake liners that are placed in a muffin tin.
Spoon the filling over the crust.
Arrange fresh blueberries and raspberries on top of the filling and grate some lemon zest over the berries.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Remove the cupcake liners and serve chilled.
See how easy it is to make a delicious batch of mini vegan cheesecakes? This is a great summer dessert recipe for a party, or you could eat them for breakfast for a satisfying, protein rich start to your day. Of course, they’re also great for an afternoon or after dinner treat.
Make these and then leave me a comment so I know how much you enjoyed them.
Let’s connect! Hop on over to our Facebook page and give it a like, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and follow us and share this and other Veganosity recipes on Pinterest. We'd be so grateful if you did. If you like this recipe and can't wait to see what we're going to share next, subscribe to Veganosity. Just fill in the subscription box above our picture in the top right corner of the page. And, Alex and I love hearing from you, please leave a comment and let us know what you think of our recipes.
Lemon Berry Cashew Cheesecake Bites
- Note: You will need to soak the cashews overnight in water for best results. Plan accordingly.
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup 122 g pecans
- 3 tbsp 45 g whole oats (not steel cut)
- 1 tbsp 15 g ground flax seed
- 3 large dates pits removed
- ½ tsp ground sea salt
- FOR THE FILLING
- 2 cups 226 g raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- Juice from 1 ½ large lemons
- Zest from 1 ½ large lemons divided
- 2 tbsp 30 ml pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp 15 ml melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 15 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries for decorating
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- FOR THE CRUST
- Put the pecans, oats, flax seed, dates, and salt in a food processor and blend until if forms a solid and sticky dough. It will be slightly oily because the pecans will release their oil. Don’t worry about it. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and put 1 level tbsp (15 g) of the dough in each liner and press evenly throughout the bottom.
- FOR THE FILLING
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place in a high-powered blender. Add the lemon zest from one lemon, lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond milk and blend on a high setting for 90 seconds. Scrape the sides and blend for another 90 seconds or until the filling is smooth and creamy. You shouldn’t be able to taste any solid pieces of the cashews. If you like your filling sweeter, add more maple syrup to taste. Spoon 1 ½ tbsp. (23 g) of the filling in each muffin tin and top with the berries and lemon zest from the ½ lemon.
- Refrigerate for 3 or more hours. Remove the cupcake liners and serve chilled.
- For best results serve chilled.