This creamy vegan carrot soup is loaded with flavor, thanks to the roasted garlic and fresh rosemary. It’s so easy to make, and it’s one of the best tasting gluten-free, oil-free, and dairy-free cream soups you’ll ever taste. Make it for lunch, dinner, or a holiday starter. Top it with our homemade chili garlic kale chips for a little crunch!
Published on Sept. 14, 2016 and updated Dec. 28, 2020.
This creamy carrot soup recipe is so easy to make. All you’ll need to do is roast the carrots and garlic, blend them up, and throw in the spices while you’re heating it up.
You’re going to love how thick and creamy this soup is. The carrots create most of the texture, and unsweetened plant-based milk does the rest.
What to Serve It With
How to Make It
Scrub the dirt off of the carrots and slice off the ends if needed.
We never peel them because we want all of the nutrients that we can get. If you feel like you need to peel them, go for it.
Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and wrap them in foil.
Roast the garlic and the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet for approximately 30 minutes, or until the carrots can easily be pierced with a fork.
NOTE: Depending on several variables, such as how much water is in the carrots, how your oven is calibrated, the humidity in the air, etc., the roasting time will vary.
The carrots are ready to puree when you can easily pierce them in the center with a fork.
Put the roasted carrots and garlic in the blender with the rosemary and blend on a high speed until the carrots are smooth and velvety.
Pour the soup into a medium soup pan and heat it on your stove. Medium temperature is best. Watch it carefully because it will bubble when it gets hot.
Stir in the cumin and salt & pepper, then taste it. Feel free to add more spices if needed. This is your soup, so make it as mild or as bold as you like.
You can make this up to four days ahead of time. Just store it covered in the refrigerator and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
This soup can be frozen for up to three months when stored in a freezer safe container.
More Vegan Soups You’ll Love
Make our Creamy Vegan Roasted Carrot, Garlic, and Rosemary Soup recipe and let us know what you think. We love to hear from you! And, don’t forget to take a picture of your gorgeous creation and tag us @veganosity on Instagram.
And, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog so you never miss a recipe. Scroll below the recipe or in our side bar to become a Veganosity subscriber.
Creamy Vegan Roasted Carrot Soup
- 2 pounds of carrots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves removed from the stem
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups unsweetened plant-based milk divided SEE NOTE
- Preheat oven to 400°F (2014˚C)
- Scrub the carrots and trim the ends and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Remove the skin from the garlic cloves and wrap them in foil. Place them on the baking sheet with the carrots and roast for approximately 30 minutes. The carrots are ready when easily pierced with a fork.
- Let the carrots and garlic cool for five minutes.
- Place the carrots, garlic, and rosemary leaves in a high-powered blender with one and a half cups of the plant milk and blend until smooth and creamy. Add more milk if needed.
- Pour the soup into a medium saucepan and add the rest of the plant-base, the 2 teaspoon of ground cumin, the ½ teaspoon of ground ginger, salt and pepper to taste, and the milk and stir to blend. Heat on medium heat until it’s hot. Watch it carefully because it will bubble and make a mess. Taste the soup and adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.
Creamy Roasted Carrot, Garlic, and Rosemary Soup -Vegan and Gluten-Free
- 12 large carrots – peeled and cut ends off and cut in half
- 4 cloves of garlic – skins removed
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary leaves removed from the stem
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of unsweetened almond milk I use Silk original unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Put the carrots on a lined baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil on top. Grind a bit of sea salt and black pepper on top and toss so the olive oil coats the carrots. Roast for ten minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 375° and add the garlic cloves. Shake the pan so the carrots turn over and the garlic is covered in the olive oil. Roast for ten minutes.
- Shake the pan to turn the carrots and garlic and roast for ten minutes.
- Add the rosemary leaves and shake the pan. Roast for five minutes.
- Remove and let the carrots, garlic, and rosemary cool for five minutes.
- Place the carrots, garlic, and rosemary in a high powered blender with one and a half cups of almond milk and blend until smooth and creamy. You shouldn’t see any whole pieces of any of the ingredients.
- Pour the soup into a medium sauce pan and add the remaining one and a half cups of almond milk and stir to blend. Heat on medium-low heat and add ground sea salt and pepper to taste.